In their third workshop installment, yoga teacher Charlotte Messervy & physiotherapist Mike Scott will delve into one of the most common problem areas of the body: the knee.
The knees are one of the most troublesome areas of the body, therefore it's about time we examine this body part in more depth. If you're someone who struggles with knee pain, avoids postures that involve kneeling or deep flexion, or are just curious to learn more about your body, this workshop is for you.
In this session, we will:
- examine the anatomy and function of the knee
- investigate ways in which we contribute to muscle imbalances surrounding the knee joint
- workshop & adjust commonly problematic yoga poses
- provide alternatives to postures which contribute to knee pain (i.e kneeling poses, lunges, etc)
- introduce take home exercises to gain strength & mobility
You can expect to leave with a better understanding of how your knees work & strategies to ensure your yoga practise is safe for the long term!
Sign up at Qi Yoga: http://www.qiyoga.net/events/the-movement-clinic-the-knee/