In their fourth workshop installment, yoga teacher Charlotte Messervy & physiotherapist Mike Scott will delve into one of the most common problem areas of the body: the lower back.
The lumbar region is intricately related to other structures in the body - from the hips, to the pelvis, to the core, to the hamstrings. This can make it feel hard to know how to relieve that pain and build strength.
In this session, we will:
- examine the anatomy and function of the lower back
- investigate ways in which we contribute to muscle imbalances
- workshop & adjust commonly problematic yoga poses
- provide alternatives to postures which contribute to back pain
- introduce take home exercises to gain back strength & mobility
This workshop is designed to be educational, practical and collaborative. Expect to leave feeling empowered and armed with information to help you move forward. with less pain.
Sign up at Qi Yoga: http://www.qiyoga.net/events/the-movement-clinic-the-lower-back-with-charlotte-and-mike/